Companies flock to AllJoyn, invest in the open source framework to enable the future of IoT
SAN FRANCISCO and BARCELONA (MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS)- March 3, 2015 — The AllSeen Alliance, a cross-industry collaboration to advance the Internet of Everything through an open source software project, today announced 22 new members have joined the Alliance to advance AllJoynⓇ as the simple and open technology for the Internet of Everything. These members share a commitment to collaborative development as the path toward an AllJoyn-enabled future.
The AllSeen Alliance is co-exhibiting at Mobile World Congress this week with member ThroughTek in Hall 7, Stand 7M01. On Thursday, March 4, the Alliance will host a Partner Programme in Hall 8.0, Theatre B with a day of speakerships and panels that will explore why open source innovation will lead to seamless connectivity of products in the marketplace. An AllJoyn-enabled product showcase and demo will also be on display.
“Consumers want their products to deliver an incredible experience, they want them to work together and they want them to work without effort,” said Philip DesAutels, senior director, IoT, AllSeen Alliance. “The members of the AllSeen Alliance have taken on the daunting challenge these expectations present. They also understand the importance of cross-industry collaboration to achieve device interoperability and a future of ubiquitous connectivity and they are leveraging that collaboration to delivering the AllJoyn framework to meet it.”
More about the new members:
- Carvoyant helps anyone work with connected car data in minutes, not months. Its open platform manages the data from a complex mix of vehicle, hardware, connectivity, and software suppliers, so customers can focus on the value, quickly and easily.
- Changhong, one of the most famous home appliance brands in China.With the rapid development in recent years, Changhong has transformed itself as an integrated multinational corporation and been advancing to become a content and service provider in worldwide.
- Cirrent enables zero touch configuration for Wi-Fi, making internet-connected products simple and secure for mainstream consumers.
- CoCo Communications improves the route stability, latency and throughput of mesh networks, on and off-network, with your existing choice of Wi-Fi radios. This patented technology is based on the company’s expertise in developing dynamic, aerial mesh networking systems for the Department of Defense.
- Connectuity, a contracting and consulting firm focused on wireless networking, networking security, and the internet of things.
- Covata delivers data-centric security solutions without compromising simple usability; providing true end-to-end security.
- Elica S.p.A. is a world leader in kitchen cooker hood market and a European leader in the design, manufacture and sale of motors for central heating boilers. With approximately an annual output of over 19 million units, Elica S.p.A. accounts a global presence and operates with 8 plants, including in Italy, Poland, Mexico, Germany, India and China.
- Faber S.p.A., the inventor of the cooker hood since 1955 and an industrial group with a global presence in 8 nations and 3 continents, produces kitchen hoods all over the world.
- Heaven Fresh Canada provides intelligent air purification and filtration systems for the home.
- iGloo Software (Australia) was created to bring to life the vision of controlling all home energy appliances including gas log fires, ducted heaters, evaporative coolers, split systems, hydronic heating, outdoor heaters, solar heating and hot water, lights, indoor/ outdoor blinds, LED lights from one simple App.
- IOOOTA is the easiest way to easily improve the everyday lives of consumers in the home and business. IOOOTA allows the user, via a single mobile app, to increase the security of his house, the management and the control even outside the house (remote) of all his items and the constant monitoring of their consumptions, finally allowing that all these objects, thousands of products already on the market today (security systems, smart-TV, lights, appliances, counters..), can interoperate each other in a series of daily usage scenarios, no matter the type of object and the producer.
- Lhings is a Cloud platform that allows you to build and enjoy new Internet of Things applications, particularly those that connect devices and establish relationships among them “easily”. The platform was created by Lyncos Technologies, a company based in Barcelona, Spain.
- Personal Air Quality Systems (PAQS), a technology company from Bangalore, creates Innovative Smartphone based IOT solutions centered around “Air” for (a) individuals – health care devices, (b) Smart buildings and (c) Dynamic Pollution Mapping for Smart cities
- People Power Company offers the award-winning Internet of Things FabrUX software. Partners can quickly launch products and services using ready-made cloud and mobile software stacks designed for security, energy, and elderly care.
- Seed Labs offers a complete solution for manufacturers to make their products intelligent and connected. It’s a flexible and easily adaptable environment where devices can see each other and behave the way we want them to.
- Trend Micro is a global leader in IT security, developing innovative security solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information. The up-to-date solutions secure networks against breaches from targeted attacks and protect end users on any device, include IoT devices at home.
- Umbrela is an all-in-one luxury DIY smart home system for home owners to cover SECURITY, COMFORT, AMBIENCE and PERSONAL features using HomePlug Technology.
- Universal Devices, Inc is a leading manufacturer of low cost energy management gateways that enable users to monitor, manage, and automate their environment using standard off the shelf devices. The ISY994 series is available in multiple versions for Home, Commercial, and Smart Grid.
- Waygum.io enables its customers to create mobile-enabled industrial applications, by offering the first end-to-end mobile-app-platform for Industrial IoT / Industry 4.0.
- Wireless Things (a Ciseco company) is a UK-based firm that are making low power wireless devices. Its communications protocol makes talking to networked objects as easy as sending a tweet or text.
- WiSilica is a leading provider of IoT technologies, with its “WiSe”, a Cloud-to-Device platform. WiSilica’s flagship BLE+WiFi Mesh technology blends seamlessly with smart phone ecosystem, providing rich experience in smart home and enterprises.
The AllSeen Alliance also welcomes University of Messina as a new sponsored member.