Windows - Chat Sample App
Running basic_client and basic_service
Inside the AllJoyn™ Standard Library Windows SDK, there exists a precompiled set of binaries.
- Open a Command Terminal window.
- CD to the root AllJoyn SDK folder in your file system.
- CD to the cpp/bin/samples folder.
- Run chat using the following startup options:
chat.exe -j training
chat.exe -s training
- Once you are joined, any text entered will be sent to the other applications upon pressing Enter.
NOTE: Unless you make a modification to the source code, this sample will not run using the play command. It requires startup arguments as stated above.
- Open the Visual Studio Basic project file.
- Right-click on the project you wish to run and select Set as StartUpProject.
- Make a modification in chat.cc inside the ParseCommandLine method to avoid supplying a command line startup argument.
- From the top menu options select Debug>Start Debugging.
- If the menu toolbar is visible, you can also press the green Play button.
- The keyboard F5 key can also work, unless you have changed this shortcut.
- The console will appear using the hard-coded values entered in step 3.
- Run the chat application per the precompiled .exe instructions, or use another platform.