LG Electronics, LIFX, Musaic, Microsoft, Two Bulls Among First to Ensure Their AllJoyn Certified Products Securely and Seamlessly Work Together Out of the Box
LAS VEGAS, CES, Jan. 6, 2016 – The AllSeen Alliance, a cross-industry collaboration advancing the Internet of Things (IoT) through the AllJoyn® open source software project, today announced more than a dozen products that have successfully completed AllJoyn Certified certification testing.
AllJoyn Certified products, apps and services from AllSeen Alliance members such as Buffalo, LG Electronics, LIFX, Musaic, Microsoft, and Two Bulls simply and seamlessly discover, connect and “talk” to each other right out of the box. A wide range of products, including air purifiers, apps, music systems, humidifiers, wireless routers and more, are the latest items to achieve AllJoyn Certification.
LG webOS TVs, LG Smart Air Conditioners, Windows 10 Professional and Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft were the first products to earn AllJoyn Certification. The AllJoyn framework makes it easy for devices, services and apps to discover and communicate with each other. With more than 200 million AllJoyn-enabled products in the market and 200 plus members working on the open source technology, the AllSeen Alliance is the world’s largest collaborative effort enabling the interoperability of the IoT.
The AllSeen Alliance is at CES 2016 (Sands Expo Hall booth number 71836) this week with demos of many certified and AllJoyn-enabled products on display.
“The AllJoyn Certified program plays an important role in growing an ecosystem of billions of connected products that work together,” said Sam Kim, Senior Vice President and Head of TV Product Planning from Home Entertainment Company, LG Electronics. “LG stands behind AllSeen Alliance, sharing the belief that the best way to create amazing connected IoT experiences is through an accessible and dynamic community collaborating to advance open technology and shared standards.”
“To realize the incredible potential of the IoT, we need something very simple: a common open framework that everyone uses to make their products, apps and services connect and interact,” said Philip DesAutels, PhD, Senior Director of IoT, AllSeen Alliance. “AllSeen Alliance members participating in AllJoyn Certification help to create a network of products that easily and securely work together regardless of manufacturer, platform or technology.”
“Two Bulls will be demonstrating the power of AllJoyn at the software layer through our local IoT configuration service and logical engine, Higgns, which will power the AllSeen Alliance booth at CES 2016,” said Noah Harlan, Co-Founder of Two Bulls serving on the AllSeen Alliance Board of Directors. “Higgns connects and coordinates the interactions amongst the great AllJoyn devices and services being showcased.”
New AllJoyn Certified Products
The latest companies to earn the right to display the AllJoyn Certified logo on their products and marketing material include the following:
- AirStation 1900 wireless router – connects AllJoyn devices together and provides real-time router status updates via AllJoyn notifications.
- Gramofon turns a sound system into a WiFi music player.
- HF 810 Smart WiFi Digital UltraSonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier and HF 480 Smart WiFi 7-Stage Air Purifier.
Icontrol Networks’ Piper
- Piper is a Wi-Fi-enabled all-in-one home security and awareness system that combines immersive video, sensors, AllJoyn and Z-Wave home automation that you can access from your smartphone or tablet.
- MagicBeam live smart projector.
- LG WebOS TVs
- LG Smart AC WLAN Module which AllJoyn enables LG air conditioners allowing them to be controlled by smartphones and automation apps.
- With millions of colors or thousands of white tones to intelligently decorate the smartest connected spaces, LIFX offers the following Wi-Fi-enabled and AllJoyn Certified smart light bulbs: LIFX Color 1000 B22, LIFX Color 1000 E27, LIFX Color 1000 E26, LIFX White 900 BR30, LIFX White 800 E26, LIFX White 800 B22, LIFX White 800 E27, LIFX Color 1000 BR30.
- Windows 10 Professional
- Surface Pro 3
- Musaic is a smart wireless HiFi system which offers both high-resolution multi-room audio playback and smart home features. The system includes the MP5, MP10 and MPL Wireless Music Players and PRO-MZP Professional Installation Zone Player.
- Higgns – fully interoperable, embedded, hardware agnostic IoT configuration & control service.
“Not all ‘smart’ devices speak the same language yet — which means a so-called smart product might not be able to communicate with a home hub for automation,” said John Cameron, Vice President at LIFX. “Consumers are now seeking useful and rich experiences where lighting, for example, can easily and securely interoperate with other products — simply and automatically. LIFX and groups like the large AllSeen Alliance member community are making it easy for consumers to truly connect their smart homes. Any AllJoyn Certified TV, air purifier, or speaker system can interact with our lights and vice versa.”
“Heaven Fresh is committed to providing improved home comfort and creating new connected experiences for consumers through smart appliances like our air purifiers and humidifiers,” said Imran Bashir, CEO at Heaven Fresh. “AllJoyn Certification is an important part of this mission and lets consumers know that Heaven Fresh air purifiers and humidifiers will easily and quickly set up to communicate with other smart home devices.”
Open to AllSeen Alliance members and non-members alike, AllJoyn Certified goes far beyond self-test to include full third party-authorized lab conformance testing, as well as comprehensive interoperability testing. For consumers, the AllJoyn Certified mark ensures them that the products they buy will work with every other AllJoyn product, as expected out of the box.
“The recent surge in AllJoyn Certified products, combined with many other companies pursuing certification, demonstrate the AllSeen Alliance continues to have great momentum,” said Danny Lousberg, the newly elected AllSeen Alliance Chairperson and Director Product Management at Technicolor.